[vtkusers] Error using vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper

Shastry, Anand C (Research) anand.shastry at ge.com
Tue Aug 10 02:31:42 EDT 2004

Hi..

I'm using VTK 4.0 on a Win 2000 machine and trying to get vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper to work.

I've added vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper.cxx, .h, vtkOpenGLVolumeShearWarpMapper.cxx, .h files to the ./Rendering directory.

In the CMakeLists, under SET( Rendering_SRCS I've added vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper.cxx.
Under SET( RenderingOpenGL_SRCS I've added vtkOpenGLVolumeShearWarpMapper.cxx.

CMake runs fine.

I get a compile error in the TCL wrapper as shown here :

Compiling...
vtkVolumeShearWarpMapperTcl.cxx
C:\Paraviewbin\VTK\Rendering\vtkVolumeShearWarpMapperTcl.cxx(79) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'class vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper *' to 'struct vtkShearWarpVoxelData *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
Error executing cl.exe.

I also followed instructions to get this class to work as shown in http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/courses/Visualisierung/2002-2003/Beispiel2/2-BrucknerSt-SeemannR/index2.htm

I'm at a loss trying to debug this error as I am still new to VTK. Please help !

Thanks!