[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget->GetResliceOutput () Problems!!

Istvan Matis i_matis at yahoo.de
Fri Aug 6 03:59:04 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have problems when getting the reslice output of 3 orthogonal IPWs in a volume.
When I visualize the first volume with dimensions 256x256x30, the outputs are good. Then I visualize a volume with dimensions 512x512x30 and on the reslice outputs I see only one quarter of the image, sometimes only one tenth of the image it should be.

Try it in the files: vtk/hybrid/testing/cxx/ImagePlaneWidget.cxx to rotate the axial (horizontal) plane with 90 degrees to be in a vertical direction, and you can see that the resclice output on right is only half of what it should be, it is not what you can see on the IPW in the volume (left).

I want to see in the reslice output exactly what I see in the IPW in the volume, that is not only a part of it, but the whole image (and also not a bigger image than in the IPW).

How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Below is a part of my code:

 for (int i=0;i<3;i++)  //3=nrPlanes X Y Z
 {
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->TextureInterpolateOn();
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->GetPlaneProperty()->SetColor(1,0,0);
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->GetPlaneProperty()->SetOpacity(0.0);
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->GetMarginProperty()->SetOpacity(0.0);
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->SetTexturePlaneProperty(aProperty);
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->SetResliceInterpolateToCubic();
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->SetInput(v16->GetOutput());
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->SetLookupTable(aWindowLevelLookupTable);
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->UserControlledLookupTableOn();
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->DisplayTextOn();

  if (m_bViewImagePlaneWidget)
  {
   vImagePlaneWidget[i]->InteractionOn();
  }else
  {
   //vImagePlaneWidget[i]->Off();
   vImagePlaneWidget[i]->InteractionOff();
  }

  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->UpdatePlacement();     //reslice output size is not refreshed!

 }

 vImagePlaneWidget[0]->SetPlaneOrientationToXAxes();
 vImagePlaneWidget[1]->SetPlaneOrientationToYAxes();
 vImagePlaneWidget[2]->SetPlaneOrientationToZAxes();
 for (i=0;i<3;i++)
  vImagePlaneWidget[i]->SetSlicePosition(orig[i]);