[vtkusers] bug in vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter

david michell davidmichell at rediffmail.com
Fri Aug 6 00:52:38 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi Everyone,

There is a method in vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter.cxx ,

void vtkButterflySubdivisionFilter::GenerateLoopStencil(vtkIdType p1, vtkIdType p2, vtkPolyData *polys, vtkIdList *stencilIds,float *weights)

In this method  there is a array int Shift[255].
Sometimes, when execution this array is acessed beyond its bounds and I get a runtime error saying "Stack around the variable Shift corrupted".
The problem is the subscript goes beyond 255. The variable "processed" keeps incrementing even greater than 255.

Somebody please tell me what should be done.

Thank you,
David Michell