[vtkusers] monitor progress of vol16Reader

Kate Kerekes kerekes at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 5 18:46:42 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I have looked at the messages regarding progress and update methods, but
I still can't answer my question.  I am reading a large dataset (400 MB)
and I need some sort of progress bar to update.  I was using
vtkImageReader and the SetProgressMethod.  This worked as expected.
Then I discovered that vtkVolume16Reader read in the data up to 5 times
faster.  So I want to read my data with vtkVolume16Reader, but I need a
way to set the progress method.  There are no "setProgress" methods in
the vtkVolume16Reader class or any of its parents.  Does anyone know a
trick to find out the current progress of the Volume16Reader?  Can
someone explain why vtkImageReader is so much slower than
vtkVolume16Reader?  Is there anything I can do to make vtkImageReader
faster?

Thanks,
Katherine Kerekes