[vtkusers] import error in cone.py

soumen dey sdcompengg at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 04:41:57 EDT 2004

Hi!!!!

I am trying to run the cone.py scripts as the first step to start using python with vtk.
But when I run the script it crashes saying that " No module named vtk". I doono why this error comes.

I have build all vtk*python.dlls (in c:\vtkbin\bin\debug) successfully. I have python-2.3.4 in c:\python\PCBuild.

As stated in README i have added c:\vtkbin\bin\debug in PATH and set the PYTHONPATH variable to c:\vtkbin\bin\debug;c:\vtkbin\wrapping\python.

I later tried to import sys and os in python command prompt ...which resulted in success for sys module but it couldnot import os module.

Now plz let me know what is the problem.....is there any configuration left to be done?

Thnx in advance.

Soumen

N.B: I am using win-xp (pro) and vc++ ( 6 ).