AW: [vtkusers] vtk on windows xp and .Net 7

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 29 10:02:33 EDT 2004

    "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
    You should NEVER edit vtkConfigure.h, this is a generated file,
    and it is likely that it will be over-written part way through the build if
    you attempt to change it. What version of VTK are you using?
    In some version of VTK VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB is a cmake variable, that should
    be set from cmake. In more recent versions, it should be set to true
    automatically if you are using .Net 7, and not even be presented as an
    option.
That true if... you use CMake.
But, if like me, you have downloaded and installed "vtk42-LatestRelease.exe" for Windows,
which comes ready to use, erf, it is much simpler than downloading and compiling all the stuff.
I believe that running CMake with VC++ 7, VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB is automatically set.
As we are talking about VC++, and VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB is not set, I assumed that he was using "vtk42-LatestRelease.exe".
But I agree with you.

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail