AW: [vtkusers] vtk on windows xp and .Net 7

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Thu Apr 29 09:32:19 EDT 2004

At 09:24 AM 4/29/2004, REGAT-BARREL Aurélien wrote:

>     salah
> <<mailto:salah at gris.uni-tuebingen.de>salah at gris.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>     I also had this warning since I used the .Net 7,
>     I hat similar warnings in an other non-vtk program
>     that uses OpenGL.
>     The programs (of vtk and those of opengl) worked with
>     no such warnings under Microsoft developer (VC++) 6.0.
>
>     I THINK the warnings have to do with opengl, not vtk ?!
>
>     Zein
>
>Hello,
>It is a warning under VC++ 7 (.Net 2002), and an error under VC++ 7.1
>(.Net 2003).
>The problem comes from <iostream.h> which is deprecated.
>The new header is <iostream> wich is part of the std:: namespace (cout
>becomes std::cout, ...)
>You have to edit your vtkConfigure.h and uncomment / add
>#define VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB

Actually, you should change the value of VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB in CMake to
ON. Running CMake will change the value in vtkConfigure.h for you. If you
make the change in vtkConfigure.h directly, then if you re-run CMake later,
the value in vtkConfigure.h will be changed back to the value CMake has for
that variable.

- Amy