[vtkusers] VTK + Gtk

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante lucapl at rc.unesp.br
Tue Apr 27 13:34:40 EDT 2004

Hello everybody,

I am planning the development of an application using VTK and GTk on
Linux. I think I must use two separate threads as both VTK and Gtk own
specific main loops.
I wonder which communication method between VTK  and  Gtk  is  better,
as I  suppose  it is not possible  to exchange  data directly between
them via global variables.
I think this is a crucial issue, as the Gtk GUI should be able to modify
several visualization aspects controlled by VTK.
Can somebody help me understand which would be the most efficient way to
do that? Is the multi-threaded approach right?

Thanks in advance

  Luca P. Lavorante