[vtkusers] (no subject)

Rob van Tol Rob.VanTol at wtcm.be
Mon Apr 26 13:07:40 EDT 2004

Dear vtkusers,

I am developing a tool to show the filling of a mould. The mould is shown
as a transparent vtkPolyData ( originally an stl-file ).
I can show the liquid in the mould by specifying a certain isovalue and
plot the isosurface. The free surface of the liquid looks great. However,
the isosurface, at a certain isovalue, never coincides exactly with the stl
file. This looks very bad. (See attachment)
So, what I actually would like to do is make an image of the free surface
at a certain isovalue, and color the wetted part of the stl surface,
leaving the unwetted part transparent.

Does anyone out there have any idea how to tackle this problem?

Best regards,

ROB.

dr. R. van Tol
Computer Simulations and Foundry Processes
tel.:09 2645704 - fax:09 2645848
mailto:rob.vantol at wtcm.be

WTCM-CRIF Belgian Center of the Technological Industry
Technologiepark 915, B-9052 Gent-Zwijnaarde
tel: 09 264 5697
http://www.wtcm.be

WTCM-CRIF "Your Gateway To Innovation".
Have a look at the future of materials and manufacturing technology
http://techniline.wtcm.be