[vtkusers] vtkStreamTracer

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Mon Apr 26 05:06:47 EDT 2004

Gents,

Thanks for your efforts. You have confirmed what I did myself is reasonable
(Note, for all those harping on about the manual.... Where is the syntax for
accessing that array explicitly stated in the manual? One would think that,
since the reason for termination is a kernel part of the object, there would
be a simple method to interrogate the object such as a
vtkStreamTracer::ReasonForTermination()).

You may have more contributions to make. I am finding two main problems (and
a crash) with the vtkStreamTracer object:
1) The streamtube generated is not as long as the one attained using
vtkStreamLine,
2)  There is a crash when I use a source point where the flow rate is close
to (or equal to) zero.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jim
PS: Again, for those saying "give us some example code...". My programme is
written as an MFC View/Doc with a very structured list of methods for
newing, creating (setting up) and deleting all the objects that I use. It
would be an arduous (though perhaps fruitful and worthwhile) procedure to
extract all the objects and use them in the same way as I use them in the
overall programme.

______________________

James C. Robinson, PhD,
Chartered Engineer,