[vtkusers] cell subset filter?

Tim Tautges tjtautg at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 23 14:36:55 EDT 2004

Hi all,
   Is there some type of filter (or some other method to accomplish
this) which takes as input an unstructured grid and outputs a subset of
that, such that the cells aren't actually copied but just referenced?
The closest I've found is vtkExtractUnstructuredGrid, but that allows
you to define only one contiguous range of cell ids, whereas I'd like to
define an arbitrary list of ids.

Thanks.

- tim

              Tim Tautges            Sandia National Laboratories
          (tjtautg at sandia.gov)       (telecommuting from UW-Madison)
          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706-1609