[vtkusers] How do I mask 'bad' data values?

W.T. Bridgman William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 23 08:06:14 EDT 2004

I've browsed the classes in VTK, the MayaVi menus and the discussion
list but I can't find the (Filter?  Mask?) class for doing this.

I have some 3-D structured grid data sets with sentinel values (<0)
marking bad data points.  I'd like to mark those values and have them
replaced with some interpolation of the surrounding points.  Can
someone provide some pointers on where to start looking for info on
this?

Thanks,
Tom
**** NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AS THE WYETH ADDRESS WILL GO AWAY SOON ****
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman               Scientific Visualization
Studio
Global Science & Technology, Inc.          NASA/Goddard Space Flight
Center
Email: William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov  Code 935
Phone: 301-286-1346                        Greenbelt, MD 20771
FAX:   TBD                                 http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/