[vtkusers] vtkCutter + quadratic cells + invalid heap allocation size + VTK 4.5

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Fri Apr 23 08:00:58 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am getting a memory exception cutting quadratic hexes after rotating
the plane widget for a few seconds.

There is some unusual behaviour in the following code :

void vtkQuadraticHexahedron::Subdivide(vtkPointData *inPd, vtkCellData
*inCd,

                                       vtkIdType cellId)

{

  //Copy point and cell attribute data

  this->PointData->CopyAllocate(inPd,27);

Each time the point data is copied, the number of arrays in the field
increases by 1. So after cutting 32 hexes I get 34 arrays (only 2 of
these are in the input data). This number keeps growing as the plane is
moved.

I don't think this is helping. Has anybody any suggestions for a
solution?

The particular version of vtkQuadraticHexahedron is 1.21.

Apologies in advance if this has already been resolved.

Many thanks,

John.