[vtkusers] how to use line as implicit function

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 18:54:34 EDT 2004

Larry,
    you could traverse all cells and use vtkCell::IntersectWithLine...
Dave P

|         |           "Larry"          |
|         |           <larry74 at 163.com>|
|         |           vtkusers-admin at vt|
|         |           k.org            |
|         |           23/04/2004 04:34 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       <vtkusers at vtk.org>                                                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [vtkusers] how to use line as implicit function                                                                |

Hello, everyone,

In Vtk, we can use vtkCutter to cut a polydata with an implicit function.
Currently, the vtkPlane is the subclass of the vtkImplicitFunction, but
vtkLine is not.
If I want to use a line to cut a polydata(to get the intersection points
with the polydata), what should I do?

Any idea is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
_