[vtkusers] (simple?) How to move objects in object mode??

Jonathan Bailleul Jonathan.Bailleul at greyc.ismra.fr
Thu Apr 22 15:08:50 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I want to visualize a polydataobject, manage to rotate/scale him using
the mouse, and finally save onto a file the object in its current
modified position in the coordinate system of the original file.

I know that when we display an object and rotate it on screen, we just
move the camera over it. I know there are actor modes ('a') enabling to
manipulate the camera around each actor separately. I already have heard
about an object mode that could actually move the object into his
coordinate system, but I unfortunately never managed to have it work,
even in pressing 'o'.

Could someone give me further explanations, since I'm sure not to really
understand the underlying scheme.

In advance, thanks for any hint,