[vtkusers] Speed of zoom

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Wed Apr 21 12:53:37 EDT 2004

When you "zoom" by moving the camera closer / farther from the focal point
(called "dolly") this will happen. The movement is a fraction of the
current distance from the camera position to the focal point - hence when
you get really close to the focal point you are only moving very small
distances.

An alternate way to "zoom" is to change the view angle - here you can get a
smoother effect, but keep in mind that your camera doesn't actually move
(which can be confusing when a user tries to navigate through the scene
using your "zoom" functionality)

Lisa