[vtkusers] whats the difference?

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Wed Apr 21 08:30:06 EDT 2004

Hi David,

No they don't do the same thing. vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter samples
your data onto a regular 3D grid (vtkImageData). You then have to contour
the results of this filter at 0 to retrieve the surface of your data set.
vtkDelaunay3D constructs a tetrahedral mesh from the points in your data.
(vtkDelaunay2D creates a triangle mesh.)

The online documentation for these classes are listed below.
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDelaunay3D.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDelaunay2D.html

- Amy