[vtkusers] Suggestion for image compositing

Garrett Jamie Cope gcope at engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 14 20:31:41 EDT 2004

All-

I have been trying to composite an image with segmented sections on it
with an image of the original data. I'm sure this has been done many times
before, but I couldn't find a previous message that helped. I was
wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the best way to do this.

Things I have already tried:
- Layering actors on one renderer, making the segmented image
semi-transparent.
- Layering renderers with one actor per renderer and again making the
segmented one semi-transparent.

Both of these resulted in just the segmented image being rendered.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie