[vtkusers] Correct approach for assembly of polylines?

jarv0075 jarv0075 at umn.edu
Wed Apr 14 11:48:35 EDT 2004

On 14 Apr 2004, Amy Henderson wrote:
> At 11:07 AM 4/14/2004, jarv0075 wrote:
> >
> >I'm currently trying to reassemble some polylines that vtk broke up into
> >several different cells...  My current approach is to use nested loops
> >match up the end points.
> >
> >Is there a better way to do this?
>
> Try passing the output of vtkCutter through vtkStripper.  The online
> documentation for that class is here:
> http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkStripper.html
>
> - Amy

But this does not work in the case of cutting data with holes present.
vtkCutter gives me a bunch of polylines, but some are complete / closed
(for the holes generally) but larger ones are broken up into serveral
separate polylines.

Thus, throwing all the output into a stripper does not produce the desired
results.

I am aware that GlutTesselatorTriangluate or something will do this, but I
do not have access to install additional libraries on this system.

Is there maybe some flag that I can set on vtkCutter to have it -not- split
up edges into different polylines?  Or a way to have vtkStripper reassemble
only the ones that go together instead of just connecting cell1 to cell2,
to cell3, to cell4?

Thanks