[vtkusers] Correct approach for assembly of polylines?

jarv0075 jarv0075 at umn.edu
Wed Apr 14 11:07:55 EDT 2004

I'm currently trying to reassemble some polylines that vtk broke up into
several different cells...  My current approach is to use nested loops to
match up the end points.

Is there a better way to do this?

This is using the vtkcutter output which then gives many different
polylines, some closed, some not, so I can't just plug it into a polyline
loop.

Is there a way to use a polyline loop over for each set of polylines with
matching end points and keep adding the output to a polydata set?

I'm still very much a VTK newbie and always am unsure whether a certain
operation is atomic or if it's going to do some big propagation through the
entire pipeline.

Thanks