[vtkusers] SetActiveScalars - how to change active data arrays?

Saeger, Marian Marian.Saeger at eads.net
Wed Apr 14 04:52:16 EDT 2004

Hi!

I'm reading a structured grid from a XML-File via
vtkXMLStructuredGridReader. The grid points have additional scalar data
arrays associated (i.e. "Temp" and "Pressure").

All is working well so far - the initial scalar data array which is selected
via "Scalars"-Attribute of the PointData-Element is displayed correctly (i'm
using vtkGlyph3D for that). But i am not able to change the active scalar
data via the SetActiveScalars-Method of the PointData-Object. I was trying
to switch over to the "Pressure"-Array with a statement like that:

reader->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->SetActiveScalars("Pressure");

or

glyph->GetInput()->GetPointData()->SetActiveScalars("Pressure");

(the glyph is directly connected to the reader)

I suppose this isn't the correct way then? =|

Thanks in advance for any useful hint.

Greetings, Marian