[vtkusers] VTK+OSX+WxPython

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 13 05:12:32 EDT 2004

Sander Niemeijer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For our project we are creating an application using wxPython 2.4.2.4
> and VTK 4.4 (making use of vtk.wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor). It
> currently runs on Windows and Linux, but our port to OSX (we use carbon,
> I haven't tried an X11 port for OSX) doesn't work. Somehow the window

If you want to try the X11 version, you can install vtk-4.4.0 and
wxpython from Fink. vtk-4.4.0 even exists as a precompiled binary. You
have to install Fink's Python-2.3, too (exists as precompiled binary).
I don't know anything about wxpython+vtk, so I cannot say if the Fink
versions work together. Are there simple test cases available?

--
Martin