[vtkusers] deleting a face from polydata

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 7 16:44:55 EDT 2004

    Jeff> mabey polydata.Update() or polydata.Modified() after the
    Jeff> removal?  -Jeff

Yeah, tried that on the mapper and the polydata.  No help.  I also
tried inserting a filter in the pipeline and completely rebuilding the
scene with

    polyData.DeleteCell(cellId)
    polyData.Update()
    print 'deleted cell', cellId
    print 'num polys', polyData.GetPolys().GetNumberOfCells()
    renderer.RemoveActor(actor)
    actor = vtk.vtkActor()

    filter = vtk.vtkCleanPolyData()
    filter.SetInput(polyData)
    filter.Update()
    mapper = vtk.vtkPolyDataMapper()
    mapper.SetInput(filter.GetOutput())
    actor.SetMapper(mapper)
    renderer.AddActor(actor)

No help either.

Tellingly, though, the number of polys reported by the call to
polyData.GetPolys().GetNumberOfCells() remains constant at 30
suggesting the polyData.DeleteCell doesn't do what I think it does.

JDH