[vtkusers] Surface Construction from a point cloud

R K Shyam Prakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Wed Apr 7 09:12:41 EDT 2004

Hi,
        Attached files sample1.pts and sample2.pts gives the input
points. I would like to build a surface between these to point sets. I
tried vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter as well as triangulating manually.
But I am not able to get a satisfactory surface. I feel there should be
an easier solution for this in VTK but not able to determine one. Can
you please help me with this.

Thanks
Shyam

Disclaimer:

This electronic message and all attachments contain information from
QuEST, which may be confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of
this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message.