[vtkusers] vtkScalars

Reagan Penner rpenner at cs.usask.ca
Tue Apr 6 12:47:23 EDT 2004

Hello, I am new to vtk, I have been given some older code that uses a
function to generate a model.

So far from what I can see most if not all of the examples use either
the data that ships with vtk or the built in objects such as
"vtkConeSource".

As I mentioned above my model is generated from a c++ function and is
simply a lot of single data values stored in a list. This old source
used vtkScalars to hold this data however, I noticed that vtkScalars no
longer exists in 4.2. I am wondering if there are any good examples that
deal with user generated (single value) data points. Any examples that
build up there own models would be helpful.

thanks for your time ................. Reagan Penner