[vtkusers] Need a free program to edit .vtk files

Jonathan Bailleul Jonathan.Bailleul at greyc.ismra.fr
Mon Apr 5 12:11:02 EDT 2004

Mathieu Malaterre wrote, in vtkEditor, a long time ago:

> Ok no response,
>   So I guess nobody ever used it. So I'll ask a different question.
>   I would like to edit a polydata, is there any GUI around that could
> allow that ?
>   To be more precise I have a segmented vessel and would like to remove
> some uninteresting part of it.
>
> Any suggestion(s) ?
> Thanks,
> Mathieu

Dear Mathieu, and dear All,

I am now encountering a similar problem: I would like to use some free
3D
editor to modify the position of some vertices, and maybe perform some
remeshing. As far as possible, a program that can run on solaris, or
linux or windows in last resort.

"Big guns" programs such as Maya can do it, but the demo version does
not allow
saving. Also, I can convert vtk files to ASC format easily, if that can
widen the range of eligible applications. Please note that I failed to
use blender with .OFF format.

In advance, thank you for your help,