[vtkusers] converting polydata to 4D and back

Theodore Papatheodorou tp500 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Apr 5 09:47:45 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have a 3D polydata and everypoint is associated with a scalar value. I
have written a program that will convert the polydata from 3D to 4D by
adding the scalar value as a 4th dimension. Then I run some calculations
on the 4D surface and I then want to convert it back to 3D. But when I
open it reads it as a 3D dataset. So here is the dataset and how it is
taken in. We have X, Y, Z, and T (for texture).

X Y Z T X Y Z T
and it is read as:
point 1: XYZ
point 2: TXY
point 3: ZXY
etc...
When I load it.. if I specify the number of components it affects the
total number of points that I have. So if I have 40 point coordinates
and I specify with the "SetNumberOfComponents" function that I have 4
components then instead of continuing to show that I have 40 points it
says I have 30.
Is there anyway I can play back and forth with 4D points in a polydata
structure?

theodoros