[vtkusers] Incompatibility with vtkTextMapper on Windows ?

Vincent Nicolas vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be
Mon Apr 5 03:51:56 EDT 2004

> I make a simple test code, only to show a text with the TextMapper class. On linux, everything work ok, but on Windows, it return an Exception fault in the vtkftgl.dll file !
> However, it  compiles fine and work fine with Visual Studio and the binary files found on VTK website ... so I think the problem should come from the mingw compilation of VTK ...

I found a solution ! :-)
I tracked the bug through all the VTK classes and the bug came from the FTCharmap class in vtkftgl. It's a problem using the FTVector class ... In fact a simple correction consist in using STL compatibility (and so don't use the FTVector class).

As it works using STL mode, I didn't look deeper for the bug, but it could be interresting as theses classes are for compatibility.

Vincent Nicolas
Communications and Remote Sensing Lab.
Universite catholique de Louvain
vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be