[vtkusers] How to display 3D volume data and slices from different prospectives?

Yang Wang dietpaopao at netscape.net
Sun Apr 4 13:28:36 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have some questions when using Tcl/VTK:

I am supposed to show in the same window:
(1)A 3D volume and
(2) Three Slices from prospective: axial, sagittal and coronal respectively.

Currently , I am using  "vtkStructuredPointsReader" to read in the 3D
volume data in vtk format .vt,
QUESTION:
(1)How can I show the volume data in the 3D mode?
(2) I use "vtkImagePermute" in order to show 3 slices, but how can I
simulatiouly shown them together
     in the same frame?

If I use RAW data instead of vtk format, is there any Vtk function that
can be the same functioned  as
"vtkStructuredPointsReader", or should I myself write routine to read in
the 3D volume raw data?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for my english. :)

Casper