[vtkusers] CT image scalars

X. Chi vtk_chi at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:25:02 EDT 2003

Hi, all

I have a question on CT image scalars. I was trying to get the scalars from
image data once I read it in my program. The following is the code:

vtkVolume16Reader *v16 = vtkVolume16Reader::New();

    v16->SetDataDimensions (64,64);
    v16->SetImageRange (1,93);
    v16->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();
    v16->SetFilePrefix ("headsq/quarter");
    v16->SetDataSpacing (3.2, 3.2, 1.5);

vtkImageData *id = vtkImageData::New();
id=v16->GetOutput();
for(int i=0; i<64; i++)
for(int j=0; j<64; j++)
printf("show scalars:%f\n", id->GetScalarComponentAsFloat(j, i, 32, 0));

After the testing, the program printed out all the scalars are zero.

Could anybody tell me what the problem is? Thank you for your help.

Chi