[vtkusers] vtkCanvas keyPress events

Christopher M. Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:37:06 EDT 2003

I am trying to override some of the default renderwindowinteractor events
and I'm not sure how I can do this.  What I want to do is use the 'p'
character to turn picking on/off in my scene but there is some control
built in that has p linked with outlining whatever actor the mouse is
over.  At least that appears to be how it works.  This interaction is
controlled by lines 241/242 of vtkCanvas.java where KeyPressEvent() and
CharEvent() are called on the generic renderwindow interactor.  If I
comment them out, I get the result I want.  However, this solution isn't
desirable since I lose all of the rest of the default keyevents.  Any
ideas on how I can accomplish this?

regards,

chris