[vtkusers] extracting delaunay triangulation from unstrucured grid

Andrea Borsic aborsic at sc-aip.com
Tue Sep 23 10:58:05 EDT 2003

Dear All,

I'm trying to use vtkDelaunay3D to triangulate a set of points in 3D and
to subsequently save to file the tetrahydra obtained in such a way.

The funny thing is that the unstructured grid that is output by
vtkDelaunay3D is composed by cell elements of type 3 (Lines). I was
expecting it to be composed of cell elements of type 11 (Tetrahydra).
This happens at least on the data set I'm using to test the small
application.

Does anyone have a suggestion/explanantion, or had a similar problem ?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Regards,

Andrea.

--
Andrea Borsic

SC-AIP s.a.s.
Scientific Computing & Applied Inverse Problems
www.sc-aip.com

Via Pier Carlo Boggio 65/A
c/o Incubatore Imprese Innovative del Politecnico di Torino
Torino - 10138 - Italy

Phone: +393475352969
Fax: +390119402161