[vtkusers] Loading Shared Libraries

Todd Schneider tschnei1 at nd.edu
Mon Sep 22 22:10:12 EDT 2003

Hey everyone, I am having a problem with my program loading the shared
VTK libraries after compilation. I am running redhat 9. My code compiles
fine, and works perfectly under windows, but when after I compile and
run "a.out" in Linux I get the error

error while loading shared libraries: libvtkCommon.so: cannot open

I have put all the VTK.so files into the same directory as the
executable, as well as in /usr/local/bin, but still no luck- any help on
getting this resolved would be great! Thanks again,

Todd Schneider