[vtkusers] Image To PolyData

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sun Sep 21 17:03:50 EDT 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:10:02 -0400
Glen Lehmann <glehmann at imaging.robarts.ca> wrote:

> Hi Florian,
>
> Have a look at vtkImageMarchingCubes or vtkImageSeedConnectivity then
> follow one of them up with vtkCleanPolyData.  That should be a good
> start.

Hi,

thanks for the tips, though an isocontour is not what i want. Let me try
to explain a little more [hard without being able to draw]. Let's say,
my Volume consists of all 0's except for one voxel which has scalar
value 1. As output i would like to get a polygone which is a cube [since
the voxel represents a volume in space not just a point].

Now, if i have multiple voxels in this volume with scalar value != 0, i
want a polygonal cube for each of them. And then i want those polygonal
cubes which are neighbours to be merged into a single polygonal object.

Maybe i misunderstood you though [and the manpages of the mentioned
filters]..

Regards, Florian Schmidt