[vtkusers] Help on vtkVRMLImorter

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 05:20:59 EDT 2003

Hi coki,

The VRML format has different ways of supporting textures:

1. An external image file (eg. brick.bmp) referenced in the file can be
imported and applied to the surface.
2. The image pixel values can be saved in the VRML file itself.

The first of these is easier for VTK, since you can use a separate
vtkBMPReader plus vtkTexture. The second is currently not supported by
vtkVRMLImporter, AFAIK.

tim