[vtkusers] How to Add multiple AddObserver in C++/Windows ?

Ketan Mehta ketan.mehta at wipro.com
Thu Sep 18 05:09:16 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am trying to convert tcl examples into C++/Windows examples.

While doing so, I am facing some issues

1) Data conversion - strict type checking does not allow C++ code to compile.
	( Posted twice )

2) How to add multiple AddObserver function.
	TCL example ImageInteractor.tcl uses 3 events as below.. How to add it
	properly.

	interactor->AddObserver(vtkCommand::LeftButtonPressEvent, startZoom);
	interactor->AddObserver(vtkCommand::MouseMoveEvent, startZoom::MouseMove);
	interactor->AddObserver(vtkCommand::LeftButtonReleaseEvent, EndZoom);

	Currently, I have done by creating class as below
	class vtkMyCallback : public vtkCommand and having one callback with name
	of Execute() : As done in Cone6.cxx example.

	Is this right?
	What is best way to do it?

3) I have one observation, while we create default window interactor in Window/OpenGL
	then Zoom, Image movement and rotation events are little abrupt. There seems
	to be no proper control by user. Either you end up making it too big or move
	out of scence.
	What is problem here ??

Thanks & Regards
Ketan