[vtkusers] Input of Volume Rendering

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Sep 15 19:45:45 EDT 2003

Currently only image data can be volume rendered. You would have to use
vtkProbeFilter to resample the data into a 3D image. I believe that VTK
supports only unsigned char and unsigned short for volume rendering, so
make sure that you convert the data into the right type.
Will

At 05:38 PM 9/15/2003 -0500, Xianjin Yang wrote:

>Hi vtkusers,
>
>It seems to me that vtkVolumeMapper accepts file inputs of vtkImageData
>only. I do not have any vtk or slc files. Instead, my data is a structured
>grid out of finite difference modeling and it is stored as float arrays in
>the memory. Is there any way for me to pass my data into vtkVolumeMapper?
>Is there any filter or utility in VTK to transform my data into vtkImageData?
>
>Thank you for your help.
>
>Yang

William J. Schroeder, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.