[vtkusers] Blending two volumes

Benjamin King king.benjamin at mh-hannover.de
Mon Sep 15 03:34:15 EDT 2003

Hi Lisa,

>> The current mappers in VTK do not render multi-component data.  You can
>
> Will the changes you've presumably been making for volview 2 be making
> their way into the general vtk repository? rendering multiple components
> would be a jolly useful feature.

Apologies for the "me too", but I could need that feature, too. I think
that this could simplify (and possibly slowify, yes) the evaluation of
other gradient filter's performances. It would be of particular use if
transfer functions were implemented in terms of multidimensional lookup
tables like here: http://www.cs.utah.edu/~jmk/papers/vis01/.

Best regards,
  Benjamin

--