[vtkusers] vtkDelaunay3D

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Sep 12 03:12:17 EDT 2003

Afonso Paiva Neto wrote:

> I have some problems to compile a program using vtkDelaunay3D, my code

>   vtkDelaunay3D* del = vtkDelaunay3D::New();
>
>   vtkPolyDataMapper* mapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
>   mapper->SetInput(del->GetOutput());
>
> the error occurs in mapper->SetInput(del->GetOutput()), any help is
> welcome.

You probably took an example for Delaunay2D (which would compile as-is),
but there is a fondamental difference. See the man pages:

"vtkDelaunay2D is a filter that constructs a 2D Delaunay triangulation
from a list of input points... The output of the filter is a polygonal
dataset."

"vtkDelaunay3D is a filter that constructs a 3D Delaunay triangulation
from a list of input points... The output of the filter is an
unstructured grid dataset."

That explains why you cannot compile the line above. See an example for
Delaunay3D to insert a Filter between your two objects (for example
vtkShrinkFilter).

Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre at cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/people/Favre.html
CSCS, Swiss Center for Scientific Computing | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.40