[vtkusers] vtkDEMReader bug

Christopher M. Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 10 10:30:35 EDT 2003

In vtkDEMReader, the origin is being set twice in the following lines of
code:

  //
  // get the origin from the ground coordinates
  //
  origin[0] = this->GroundCoords[VTK_SW][0];
  origin[1] = this->GroundCoords[VTK_SW][1];
  origin[2] = this->ElevationBounds[0];
  origin[0] = 0;
  origin[1] = 0;
  origin[2] = 0;

I believe this should just be:

  //
  // get the origin from the ground coordinates
  //
  origin[0] = this->GroundCoords[VTK_SW][0];
  origin[1] = this->GroundCoords[VTK_SW][1];
  origin[2] = this->ElevationBounds[0];

Another question I have about this class is it doesn't seem to make the
GroundCoords available on the java side.  If I do:

vtkDEMReader dem = new vtkDEMReader();
dem.Print();

I can get the ground coordinates but there seems to be no accessor method
unless I'm missing something.  Now I can get 1 ground coordinate from the
origin once it is properly set but I need more than one in order to
properly geo-reference this so that I can place other GIS objects in the
scene.  Am I missing some method/conversion that would give me the
latitude/longitude coordinates of the DEM that is read?

regards,

chris