[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor + vtkImageViewer2

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Sep 3 12:27:35 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 14:43, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> 	To sum up quickly the problem, wxWindows need a special vtkRenderWindow
> which is build within wxVTKRWI. Whereas vtkImageViewer2 built its own
> too and override the one previously build. I first thought of adding a
> method: vtkImageViewer2::SetWindowInfo, but I found it ugly for
> vtk-users -furthermore it would introduce differences between a standart
> vtkRWI-.

Is there a reason why you had to move the SetWindowInfo() code out of
the constructor to the OnPaint()?

> 	Therefore I change the wxVTKRWI.py code so that it uses the
> vtkRenderWindow from the vtkGenericRWI, even if it has been set by
> another filter, for example vtkImageViewer2.

Okay, this sounds okay.  The essential change you have made is that
wxVTKRWI doesn't keep its own binding to the RenderWindow, right?

Regards,
Charl

Ps. Have you thought of a solution for the vtkImageViewer2 parallel
projection problem yet?