[vtkusers] Objects disappear

Martin Saturka martin at saturka.net
Tue Sep 2 08:29:30 EDT 2003

Dear VTKers,

there is a strange feature in, probably, vtkTransform class.
Objects disappear, when I use VTK wrapped into tcl (I do not
use VTK in other ways).

The thing can be viewed by running VTK-4.2.2/Examples/Tutorial/
Step6/Tcl/Cone6.tcl. If I touch the boxWidget, the cone tends
to disappear. Sometimes the cone appears again, but it is not
moved/changed.

I use VTK of the latest 4.2.2 official release on x86 running
Debian/Linux OS, gcc/g++ of 3.3 vr., and Tcl/Tk of 8.4 version.
The same thing occurs with usage of Debain's VTK (unstable)
packages. I am not sure, but according to mail archive there
have been similar things (bugs?) since May 2003 (VTK 4.2.1).

Do I do something wrong or what about it? Thank you.
Martin Saturka