[vtkusers] Global Rotations and Translations

John Vard jvard at tcd.ie
Fri Oct 31 12:15:15 EST 2003

Users

Over the past couple of days I've read up intensively on vtkTransform and how
it translates and orientates from the use of filters to movement of actors
yet I'm confused. It seems that rotations whether imposed locally or globally
tend to shift the said axes (even the global). Is that correct??? If that's
the case then the positions of all actors should shift accordingly...  I'm
looking to rotate and translate two actors around a fixed global. It is
possible isn't it..

Perhaps I've missed something. Please someone tell me so. Thanks for your time
and any help that is offered..

--
Regards
John Vard