[vtkusers] (no subject)

Julian Yu-Chung Chen ycc at nchc.org.tw
Wed Oct 29 22:39:09 EST 2003

Hi all,

I've got a data using dataset: StructuredPoints(with z_dimension 1)
with attribute data: scalars. And I will make it warp according to the
the scalar value, then making a surface in VTK. The pipeline is pretty
much like this:

vtkStructuredPoints(set with vtkDoubleArray in points being get) ->
vtkWarpScalar -> Mapper -> Actor

And now here's the question, some grid points in the dataset, have no
scalar values at all. I would call it undefined. But using the pipeline
mentioned above, the scalars not assigned with be filled with zeros,
then the final visualization will reflect as the number implies. Can I
make those grid point with undefined scalars, being left with 'holes'
in the final warped visualization? Or maybe any alternative pipeline
arrangements suggested?

Thanks in advance!

--
"Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.
If it's