[vtkusers] CellPicker doesnt work with MouseMove

hironmay basu hironmay_b at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 05:34:03 EST 2003

hello,
I am a new vtkuser . Whenever I am overridding the
OnMouseMove(ctrl,shift,X,Y) function . My Picking
function (CellPicking doesnt work )
i.e OnChar(0,0,'p',0) and the cell id is always coming
as -1  whenever I write the OnMouseMove function .
Is there any way to do this picking(cell picking as
well OnMouseMove Function ) .
Kindly reply urgently

void vtkInteractorStyle::OnLeftButtonDown(int ctrl,int
shift,int X,int Y)
{
 if(ctrl==1&&shift==0)
   {
     temp_picker=(vtkCellPicker *)iren->GetPicker();
     iren->GetInteractorStyle()->OnChar(0,0,'p',0);
     cell_id=temp_picker->GetCellId();
     cout<<"cell Id="<<cell_id;
     selected_no=c1->select_obj();
   }

After this whenever I write

void vtkInteractorStyle::OnMouseMove(int ctrl,int
shift,int X,int Y)
{/** Any code within ***/
}

it crashes whereas when I comment the OnMouseMove
function the cell picker selectes properly and the
cell id is nt -1.
Thanks