[vtkusers] Problems in applying an adaptive subdivision algorithm using vtk

Dimitris Andritsos jimandr at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 20:43:42 EST 2003

Hello David,

I can gladly be one of the testers of your class! I am aware of the paper
that you are talking about. I tried it for a period but I couldn't get some
usefull results mainly because I am using boolean operations and vtk is
using the min max functions for constructing Booleans which have very poor
differential properties. Now I am using R-Functions for constructing the
implicit of the complex shapes which have better differential properties
(and I am using central differences for gradient estimation) so I would
really like to try your class under such an approach.

Thank you,
Dimitris