[vtkusers] How to use "IsTypeOf "?

Andrew supersub at ccea.zju.edu.cn
Sun Oct 26 10:35:31 EST 2003

Yes, you are right. ^_^
Thank you.
----------------------------
B.su

----- Original Message -----
From: "N Smethurst" <nick.smethurst at free.fr>
To: "B.su" <supersub at ccea.zju.edu.cn>; <vtkusers at vtk.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] How to use "IsTypeOf "?

Le Dimanche 26 Octobre 2003 15:48, B.su a écrit :
> As we can see, m_Picker->GetClassName() return vtkCellPicker.  It isn't
> what i want to get.

Then m_Picker is obviously not a vtkCell object. I am no expert on picking,
but I would imagine that you need to get the cell ID with

vtkIdType ID = m_picker->GetCellId();

and cross reference it to get the cell object. So I guess the question to ask
is "how do I get the vtkCell object from an ID of vtkCellPicker?"

The only thing the IsTypeOf() method does is tell you if a VTK object is a
certain class type or not. Your current code will hence always return 0 since
m_picker is not derived from vtkTriangle or vtkLine.