[vtkusers] Java Data streaming query

Ian Grimstead I.J.Grimstead at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 12:44:08 EDT 2003

Hi,

I need to send a copy of the world to a remote machine, but looking at
the Importer/Exporter examples, they will only work directly with files.

Is there a simple way to target (e.g.) network sockets instead?

Or will I have to write a by-hand serializer to read/write the scene to
socket? Is this possible?

Thanks for any advice with this, I'm trying to determine whether VTK
will support our project!

Ian
--
Dr. Ian Grimstead, Senior Research Associate, RAVE project.
School of Computer Science, Cardiff University, Queen's Buildings,