[vtkusers] Bug: Matrox card hangs...

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Tue Oct 21 05:26:13 EDT 2003

Hi,

there seems to be a problem/error with VTK. I have
written a very simple and small MDI application with MFC and VTK
based on the vtkMDI sample.
This application works fine with all other graphic cards.
If I open about 40 to 50 OpenGL windows the application hangs
and I have to kill the application. After that I cannot even
open one single OpenGL window and I have to restart my computer.
My system is

Matrox G450, DualHead
Bios: 1.4.004
Driver package: 5.91.008
WinXP

This also happens with G200. The only solution is to the turn off
the hardware acceleration.
BUT... If I use a MDI application with pure OpenGL I can open about
100 windows without any problem. So there must be some bug in VTK,
right ?

If anybody is interessted in testing this I can send the applications
by eMail.

regards,
Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255