[vtkusers] Help

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 21 04:49:56 EDT 2003

R.Nagarajan wrote:
> Hi
>
> Despite the repeated claims about the use of the class
> vtkDICOMImageReader, it  has not been an easily accesible one.  Could
> somebody tell me how to get it and compile so that it can be used.
>
> Thanks

Nagarajan,

	vtkDICOMImageReader is a relative recent addition to VTK. Furthermore
it is not in any release, you need thus a recent 'cvs update' against HEAD.

	It should be built by default. Then you can easily use it in any app,
adding this in your CMakeLists.txt:

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK)
IF(VTK_FOUND)
   INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})
ELSE(VTK_FOUND)
   MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
           "Cannot build MyProject without VTK.  Please set VTK_DIR.")
ENDIF(VTK_FOUND)

HTH
mathieu